Godhi puri chuda/puffed wheat chivda/
ಗೋಧಿ ಚುರಮುರಿ ಚೂಡಾLook at this chivda!
you might take it for puffed rice chivda!Wait!! look again!! don't you feel these are bit over sized mamra/mandakki/churmuri?
Yes you got it right.These are bigger in size.This is not puffed rice.This is puffed wheat!A new food item that has entered the market last year 2014!These are a perfect substitute for any packed chips or crunchy snacks.These are very tasty indeed and good for diabetic people as well.These have less calories and more fiber than puffed rice.Kids will love these mamra.This has become a favourite chivda item of mine and my daughter's.Makes a tasty and interesting snack for kids.
This is very easy and quick to make.As this is a new item to my snack list would live to share with you all.
Here are the ingredients required:
- cleaned,puffed wheat/godhi puri 2 litres(yes at Bengaluru it is sold in litre measurements)
- oil 2 tbspground nuts/peanuts less than 1/4 cup
- puffed chana/roasted chana/hurigadle/puthani less than 1/4 cup
- mustard seeds 1 tsp
- hing a pinch
- salt as per taste(takes less salt as the puris are bit salty)
- red chili powder 1 tsp
- turmeric 1/4 tsp
- sugar 1-2 tsp
- curry leaves 2 strands
- menthe hittu 1 tsp- optional
Method to prepare puffed mamra chivda:
- heat oil in a kadhai
- add mustard to splutter,then add curry leaves,turmeric,redchilipowder,hing.
- Add peanuts,roasted chana.Let these fry in the oil to get crispy.
- Add the cleaned godhi puri/puffed wheat
- Add sugar and salt.It takes less salt. so be careful while adding salt.
- Add menthe hittu(optional).
- Mix well on a low flame for few mins.2-3.
Enjoy with hot tea or coffe!!
Also makes a healthy short break recipe for school going kids.