Amla supari/nellikayi adike/gooseberry mouth freshner
Amla is gooseberry is English.It has many health benefits provided consumed on a daily basis. Here is one such recipe to incorporate amla in daily consumption.And the plus point is you do not have to push your kids to eat amla in this form of amla recipe.My elder daughter steals it from the box!! ;-) and I feel its not necessary to stop her from stealing amla supari considering the health benefits!! Lol :D BTW supari in hindi,marathi language means mouth freshner though the exact meaning is beetlenut.
The ingredients for making amla supari:
- 1/4 kilogram amla.about 10 no. of medium sized amla
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dry ginger powder(optional)
- 2 pinches hing or asafoetida.
- Thoroughly wash the amla.
- Pat them dry well.
- Now you can either cut amla onto small pieces or grate them.
- I prefer to grate as the supari dries fast!to this,
- Add salt dry ginger powder and hing.mix well.
- Spread evenly on plastic sheet and sun dry in a dust free area for 2-3 days.
Home made hygienic amla supari/ gooseberry mouth freshener is so easy and simple to make.
Recollecting my childhood days, the fun part of eating amla supari, is drinking water after eating amlasupari and enjoying the sweet taste it gives!
Hope everyone enjoys this part of eating amla supari!!
I do it even now!!