This is going to be my first recipe among the baking catogery.And I am very much excited to post my eggless sweet milk bread recipe under this category!
So far I have baked bread thrice ,thank the recipe source which is here white bread.
My first bread following the exact recipe from the source turned out to be good in texture,less sweeter and very Yeats smelling one.
So second time I made my own changes to the recipe and baked my second loaf using All purpose Flour and wheat flour.It turned out to be good,while kneading the dough I felt that adding wheat flour is going to make a dense bread and it requires more liquid than maida.Still I used 3/4 cup milk only and baked.The bread was good and the texture was just perfect to make bruschetta , which I eventually made for dinner.
I posted the picture of 2nd loaf in the social networking website group and friends put requests for the recipe.As such today baked 3rd loaf making the improvements and this one turned out to be excellent one!
In the above pictures, you can see the bread in the picture on the left side is very soft and spongy, whereas the one in the pic. on the right side is bit hard, it takes longer time to rise as the amount of milk used is less.
you can choose to make either of the breads,both taste awsome!
The ingredients for making egg less sweet milk bread are:
- 1 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour(APF)
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup luke warm milk(1 cup for softer texture)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 2 tbsp oil or softened butter
- 1-2 tbsp flax seeds to sprinkle on the loaf(optional)
some extra flour for dusting and some extra oil while kneading and greasing the loaf pan.
The process of making egg less sweet milk bread:
- dissolve sugar in the lukewarm milk,add 1 tsp of yeast(ADY)
- keep it for 10 mins.to proof or froth.meanwhile,
- add oil,salt to the flours.mix well.
- add the frothy milk to the flour and begin to knead.At this point the dough will be sticky or tight depending on milk used.(3/4 cup for dense texture and 1 cup milk for very soft texture)
- keep on kneading for 10 -12 minutes.
- keep the kneaded dough in a lightly greased vessel and cover with a damp cloth.let this rise double in volume which takes around 2 hours.
- take the risen dough, punch with your fist couple of times,take out of the vessel,knead a few more times and shape it into a rectangle to fit the size of a loaf pan.
- Fold the rectangle and pinch the dough to make a seam.Do the same on either ends and let the loaf sit in the greased pan.
- AT this point of second rising,depending on the amount of milk used let the dough rise.It takes about 1 1/2 hrs for 1 cup milk used and nearly 4 hrs for 3/4 cup milk used. the point is to see the dough rises double in the volume and then start baking
- when the dough has doubled in the pan,brush the top with milk and sprinkle flax seeds and very gently press them to stick to the dough.
- heat the oven 190 degree C (original recipe says 180 degree C) and bake for 30 -32 minutes.In my oven to get the proper colour I preferred 190 degree C.
- Take out the baked loaf from the pan immediately to stop the bottom of it getting soggy and let it cool on the wire rack for about 30.mins
- slice and serve.
Step by step pictures of making egg less sweet bread
|left slice of bread using 3/4 cup milk smaller in size ,right side bread slice ,using 1 cup milk ,bigger and very soft|