Kayi chutny/coconut chutny type#1
ತೆಂಗಿನಕಾಯಿ ಚಟ್ನಿ ರೀತಿ ೧
I make different varieties of coconut chutny.It depends on the food item it will go with.I know there can be hundred one variations and this first type of it is the simplest to go with appe or paddu and dhokla.
Ingredients for chutny:
- Fresh coconut chunks-1/2 cup
- Roasted dalia or fried gram/puthana 3 tbsp
- Green chilies 2 nos.or as required.
- Sugar 1/4 tsp
- Jeera/ cumin- 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste.
- Fresh ,cleaned coriander a handful.
- 1/2 tbsp oil,
- Split black gram 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds 2 tsp
- hing a pinch
- Curry leaves... a few.
- Water to dilute.
- Put together all the ingredients mentioned in the first list.
- Grind to a paste using water.
- Take out to a vessel.
- Prepare the tempering using ingredients of the 2nd list. Add to the ground chutny.