Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Rasam Powder




Bala's Rasam Powder ( ಬಾಲಾ ಹೇಳಿದ ಸಾರಿನ ಪುಡಿ)

when I stayed in New Jersey I was very lucky to have Bala as my neighbour downstairs.We used to exchange our dishes and I got to learn a lot from her.I always admire her. she is really very knowledgeable and helpful to everyone and have some great favours done to me and our family which we can never ever thank enough. every time I make this wonderful rasam I thank her for sharing this recipe with me.So I call this Bala's rasam.here is the recipe for

the rasam powder
  1. 2 cups Dhaniya(coriander seeds)
  2. 1 cup red chilies(less pungent)
  3. 3/4 cup jeera
  4. 3/4 cup black pepper
  5. 1/2 cup tur Dal
  6. 1 tbsp methi seeds
  7. curry leaves 1 string
  8. haldi( 1 -2" root) or 2 tsp haldi powder
  • in a kadhai dry roast all the ingredients separately till they get nice golden color
  • let cool and grind to from fine powder
  • store in a airtight jar

please see the recipe to prepare the rasam using this powder to enjoy this wonderful rasam.