This is one of the lunch box recipes.
Other day I made these methi puris for my daughter's lunch box.She and her friend loved these.This is very easy to make and a bit healthier and tastier than the regular plain puris.
The ingredients required are:
- Wheat flour 3/4 cup or to make 5 medium sized puris
- washed and chopped fresh methi leaves(fenugreek) 1/4 cup
- red chili powder 1/2 tsp
- 2 pods of crushed garlic
- a pinch of asafoetida or hing
- salt as per taste
- Water as required to knead into a firm dough
- cooking oil for deep frying
mix all the dry ingredients from 1 to 6 .
Add a little water at a time and form a firm dough.
puris rolled out of firm dough absorb less oil while deep frying
let the dough rest for about 5-10 minutes.
divide into 5 portions.
take each ball and roll into puris.
deep fry till golden in colour and take out on a tissue paper.once cooled pack in the lunch box.
|ingredients for methi puri|
|methi puris in the lunch box|