green moong sprout chat/ಮೊಳಕೆ ತರಿಸಿದ ಹೆಸರು ಕಾಳಿನ ಚಾಟ್
Today I made this healthy and tasty sprouted moong chat for evening snacks.This is very simple to make.Requires few ingredients and quick one to do if the sprouts are on hand.I usually make the sprouts at home once a week or sometimes once in a fortnight.Use the sprouts in various recipes like salads, side dish, for making misal,sprouted rice etc.
This particular chat can be prepared with raw sprouts or with partially cooked sprouts.
This particular recipe is kids' friendly and a no fire recipe.Just putting together the required ingredients to our tase is all.The kids can do this with least help from their parents or elders.
The Ingredients are:
- Sprouted moog beans 1/2 cup
- pomegranate seeds 1 tbsp / to our taste
- chopped onion 1 tbsp/ to our taste
- chopped tomatoes 1 tbsp/ to our taste
- chopped coriander a few/ to our taste
- chat masala 1/4 tsp
- sugar 1/4 tsp
- salt to taste
- lime juice 1 tsp
- wash the sprouts thoroughly.put in a microwave safe bowl.cook covered on 80% power. for 1.30 mins or just to remove the rawness
- let the sprouts cool.
- Add all other ingredients.Give a good stir.Serve garnished with some coriander and tomatoes.
A perfect evening snack the kids can prepare themselves and enjoy! very healthy indeed!!
I dedicate this recipe to my friend Dr.Bhavanis daughter Brinda.She is 10 years old and has shown tremendous interest in cooking at a very early age!This is a simple recipe for you Brinda to encourage you through your interests!Give it a try!All the best to kid chef in you!!!