Thursday, December 4, 2014

Tulasi tea/ತುಳಸಿ ಚಹಾ

Tulasi tea/ತುಳಸಿ ಚಹಾ 

 I usually consume tea twice a day. Nobody would deny a cup of hot tea in these winters.If it is flavoured with ginger,cinnamon,cardamom or tulsi... nothing like it makes the evening better!
Whenever my family visits temples we get prasada,viz.fruits,flowers and some Tulasi too.I dry the tulasi if it is summer time and use it in my tea.Today I used  the fresh tulasi leaves in my tea.Tulasi not only gives tea a flavour but has many health benefits as well!
enjoy this tulasi flavoured tea during this winter season.
Ingredients:
  1. 1/4 cup water
  2. 3/4 cup milk
  3. 1 tsp sugar
  4. 1or 1/2 tsp regular tea powder
  5. some fresh tulasi leaves
Method:
  • heat the water and milk together in a vessel.
  • add sugar to melt
  • when this starts to boil,add tea powder and tulasi leaves.boil for a minute.switch off the flame,cover it for a minute.
  • Serve with some avalakki chivda!



No comments: