Make your own letter holder
In my previous posts about the letter holders, I have just shown the letter holders I made patching the left over scraps.
You can call it a Do It Yourself project.(DIY letter holder)
materials required are..
- cloth double the size of the canvas....(this is going to be back portion)
- patch worked pieces, 2 numbers
- cloth to cover the 2 patch worked pieces
- lace or binding
- thread to stitch
- Attach the canvas to the cloth you have chosen to form the back portion of the letter holder.
- Attach cloth to the 2 patch worked pieces. joined along the red dotted line.
- keep the bottom part of the front piece or to say the 1st patch worked piece on the bottom part of the back piece ,pin it and place a mark...as pointed by the index finger.
- take the 2nd patched piece ,place it 1 inch below the marked line and flip it down towards the 1st piece.
- stitch it .Flip it back . put a turning seam after flipping.
- stitch along the long sides of the front and back pieces put together.
- fold it into half ,cut 3- 4 inches above the top patched piece to get any shape u desire.straight,domed etc.
- using the lace or binding stitch along the edges.
- attach a ring or lace to hang it on to the wall.
- The ready letter holder looks like this
If any of the instructions are not clear or easy to understand do leave a comment so that I can improvise.
I am always ready to learn from :)
Enjoy making your own letter holder!