sagu for puri/ sagu/kurma
Today I had decided to do puri,sagu,rice,Rasam for lunch.For sweet portion of the meals, a pack of shrikhand is readily waiting in the fridge.(Being lazy, did not make at home).Puri goes well with shrikhand and sagu .sagu is also called 'kurma'
sagu today I made, turned out to be super tasty.My daughter refused to eat rice or shrikhand, and happily relished the puri sagu which was a big compliment enough to make me get going and post this recipe to the blog.
here are the ingredients I used:
- potatoes 2 no.s (medium sized).peeled and finely diced.
- french beans 10-12. no. finely chopped
- cauliflower florets, 1/4 cup finely cut
- green capsicum, finely chopped 1/4 cup
- carrots,small sized, 2. no.s, finely chopped
- onion 1 medium sized roughly chopped
- tomato 1 medium sized
- coriander ,handful
- freshly grated coconut 1/4 cup
- 1/2 inch cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- oil 1 1/2 tbsp
- curry leaves , just a few
- red chili powder 1 1/2 tsp
- salt as per taste
- fried gram powder 1- 2 tbsp
- milk 2 tbsp
- wash the ingredients from 1 to 5 and boil or pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- grind the ingredients from 6 to 11 in a mixer jar.
- heat oil in a kadhai
- add mustard seeds to splutter,add hing,turmeric powder,curry leaves.
- add the ground mixture of onion,tomato .etc.
- fry the mixture till the oil separates and there is no raw smell.
- add the cooked vegetables.
- add chili powder,salt and mix well. cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- add fried gram powder to thicken the gravy.
- add 2 table spoons of milk.Bring to boil and remove the kadhai from the flame
Delicious sagu is ready.Light on the spices.. as ginger,garlic, and green chillies are not used.Give this sagu a try and let me know how you all liked this recipe!